We discuss lessons Ivan learned at a Catalyst one-day event in Atlanta such as what creates an organizational culture and “doing for one what you wish you could do for everyone”.
The six main points we discuss:
- Leader’s shape organizational culture whether they intend to or not.
- Healthy cultures never happen by accident. They are created.
- The number one force that shapes your culture is your values.
- Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone (get the original talk here)
- Every Time you add a title to your name you add distance between you and others, be it employees or clients.
- There are no neutral reactions to physical environments.
A key take-away is that if you delegate tasks, you create followers; if you delegate authority, you create leaders.
- Craig Groschel and LifeChurch.tv
- Northpoint Church
- Michael Hyatt podcast on vision and productivity
- John Maxwell’s The 5 Levels of Leadership
Have a question you’d like us to answer? Mail it to email@example.com or call us at 949-4AGENTS and leave a voicemail. We’ll play it in an upcoming episode and do our best to answer your questions.